This summer the USCIS submitted its report on fiscal year 2009 to Congress. Highlights from the report include:
- H1-B petitions filed decreased 15% from FY 2008 to FY 2009;
- H-1B petitions approved decreased 22% from FY 2008 to FY 2009;
- Approximately 48% of all H1-B petitions approved in FY 2009 were for workers born in India;
- The median salary of H1-B beneficiaries of approved H1-B petitions increased by $4,000, from $60,000 to $64,000, between FY 2008 and FY 2009;
- The highest degree for 41% of approved H1-B beneficiaries was a bachelor’s degree, for 40% a master’s degree, for 13% a doctorate, and for 6% a professional degree.