Visit us on Linked-in Visit us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook Directions to Our Office Visit us on Yelp
Free Consultation

What Happens After an Immigration Interview

According to San Diego immigration attorneys, to receive some of the benefits offered by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or the Department of State (DOS), you will need to be interviewed by a case evaluator.

If you are applying for a visa issued at a consular office abroad, there is a strong chance that you will be called in for an interview. If you apply for adjustment of status after you have already been admitted to the U.S., you should expect an interview. If your husband or wife is a citizen of the U.S. who is helping you with a petition, you will unquestionably be subject to an interview along with your spouse.

Interviews that take place at consulates abroad will end with a decision by the consular officer to either issue the visa, inform you of a denial, or let you know that additional processing is required.

If your interview ended with a denial, you will be told the reasons for this decision. You will also be informed about your likelihood of remedying the denial, which can sometimes be accomplished with additional documentation.

If your interview culminated in an approval, your passport will be stamped with a visa. You will also be given informational documents along with a sealed packet that you must present to USCIS officials upon your arrival. You should pay close attention to the instructions on payment of USCIS fees, vaccination records, and x-rays.

If your interview was in support of a marriage-based petition, you may be separated from your spouse for a more incisive interview. After this interview, you will have to wait a few weeks for the approval or denial to arrive.

If your interview was related to a family-based petition, you will also have to wait a few weeks to learn of a decision. If approved, you will be notified by letter prior to getting your green card.

For help throughout the immigration or visa process, from filing paperwork to contacting the correct officials, reach out to KS Visa Law by calling (858) 874-0711 today. In addition to being trusted green card lawyers, we also specialize in investor visas and H-1b visa. Call today to learn more.

July 2024