EB-2-National Interest Waivers
Our Attorneys have helped scientists, educators and other professionals achieve Self-Sponsorship without a Labor Certification or current immigration job offer.
Aliens may seek a waiver of a job offer and the labor certification process, when their admission to the U.S. is in the ‘national interest’. The “national interest” test requires proof of the following:
- Improving the economy;
- Improving wages and working conditions of United States workers;
- Improving education and training programs for United States children and under qualified workers;
- Improving health care;
- Providing more affordable housing for young and/or older, poorer U.S. citizens;
- Improving the U.S. environment and making more productive use of U.S. resources; or
- A request from an interested United States governmental agency.
This list is not exhaustive. The national interest waiver has applied to a variety of fields and positions and a thorough analysis of new and old case law becomes relevant to interpretation of the rules and the national interest.