Starting June 4, 2010, the U.S. Department of State (USDOS) will implement their new fee schedule for U.S. visas.
Historically, there was a flat rate charged for most types of visas (last rate increase was $ 131 for all nonimmigrant visas).
However, now, the USDOS has started a tiered system as follows:
Nonimmigrant visa application and border crossing card processing fees (per person):
- Nonimmigrant visa application processing fee :
- Non-petition-based nonimmigrant visa (except E): $140.00
- H, L, O, P, Q and R category visa: $150.00
- E category visa: $390.00
- K category visa: $350.00
- Border crossing card fees:
- Border crossing card – age 15 and over (Valid 10 years): $140.00
- Border crossing card – under age 15; for Mexican citizens if parent or guardian has or is applying for a border crossing card (valid 10 years or until the applicant reaches age 15, whichever is sooner): $14.00